Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Year-- Knee Surgery

Well, Happy New Year Everyone!!!

Not much going on around here.  Had my knee surgery Tuesday morning-- -Doing great--- gave up the crutches as soon as I got home from the surgical center and haven't touched them since.  I'm using the polar care pretty much as much as they ordered.  It's 30 minutes on then 30 minutes off-- doesn't leave a lot of time to do anything and the crazy thing REALLY makes me cold!  I ventured out to  April's baby shower Thursday evening at the Cheesecake Factory. It was a lot of fun, but I was feeling it by the time I got home.  I called the surgeon's office today to get a release to go back to work in the office next week.  Of course, nothing is as easy as it should be--- the person I needed to talk to was out of the office until Tuesday, so someone else took a message and late this afternoon I got a fax saying I was released to return to full duty on Monday-- UH- NO-  I don't think so.  I only wanted a release to go back to the office for next week, I don't think there's anyway I can go back into staffing next week.  I'll have to talk to Ann about it next week.  The other thing I wanted to do is arrange my time around when Mike can take me and pick me up so I don't have to worry about where I might have to park and how far I would have to walk to get into the building. So I'm hoping to get in 20-25 hours next week-- that way I have a little more cushion with my PTime for when I go to Korea.

Oh, guess that is something else exciting that will be happening around here soon.  I made reservations to go to Korea for 2 weeks in mid March--- now that my surgery is over, I can start to get a little more excited about my trip.  Can't wait to get there and love on my grandbabies!  Marshall sounds excited about me coming to visit--- he is taking leave for the time I will be there so we can have a vacation together. 

Well, it is almost 5 am--- I've been having some problems sleeping since my surgery--- guess I better try to get some sleep before it gets too late (I did sleep from about 9:30 this evening until 2am).

Have a great day, more later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment