Monday, June 14, 2010

Gonna Try to Catch Up.....

I know you've been missing the "Southern Sayings" so, I'm going to try catch up this week.   Counting today, that's 27 sayings to get caught up---- hmmmm-- can she do it--- yes she can!

So let's start with today and we'll work backwards.......

(6/14)  Listless.... He's so slow he's got to speed up to stop.

(6/12-13)  Contentment.... I'm as happy as a tick on a fat dog!  
        (but lately I've been feeling like the fat dog)

(6/11)   Vocally Challenged.... He couldnt carry a tune in a bucket.
          (I'm sure I resemble this saying!)

(6/10)    Referring to someone who acts cool because he can hide his emotions, you might say....
         There may be snow on the roof, but there's a fire in the hearth.

(6/9)    Pessimist.... He could depress the devil.

(6/8)   If you want to compliment someone's cooking, you might say...  This is gooder'n grits!
  (and we can make some fine tasting grits around here--- just ask Kris!)

(6/7)   Feeling Great... I'm finer than a frog hair split four ways.

OK--- don't want to overwhelm you-- so that's enough for today... more later...



No comments:

Post a Comment