Saturday, June 12, 2010


I know----it's been a looooooong time since I've posted and I'm waaaaaay behind on my calendar--- well, the only excuse I have is that I've been busy?  or is that lazy?   HMMMM-- take your pick.

Memorial Day weekend we went to Maryland to help Mike's brother-in-law celebrate finishing his bachelor's degree--- he'd been a "few" credits short for quite some time and finally decided it was time to "git 'er done".  Marcia planned a party to mark the milestone, so we headed "up" to be part of the celebration.  It was a great weekend--- we met some of John's fellow Air National Guardsmen and their spouses/girlfriends.  We visited with Mike's folks and his Uncle Al and wife Jane.  And of course we ate waaay too much!  John used his new camera to take a family photo--- unfortunately, Marcia had hurt her back and wasn't able to come outside for the picture.

Mike, me John, David, Mac, Helen, Al and Jane

Memorial Day was also our 35th wedding anniversary--- it's been quite a ride, but time flies when your having fun!  We put some steaks on the grill and spent a quiet evening at home.

June 1st was Mason's 28th birthday--- seems like just 10 years ago we were sweating wheather or not he'd actually graduate from high school!

Last weekend Marc and Kris had a yard sale so we went to Myrtle Beach to help them.  Kris and her sisiter Tara are trying hard to settle their Mother's estate.  Friday we hit happy hour at Bumzz-- the drinks were cold, the food was good, the ocean was beautiful and the guitar player was pitiful.  After consuming several "adult beverages" Kris and I went across Ocean Blvd and got henna tattoos-----

Not a great picture, but it's hard to take a picture of your own ankle!

Saturday was hot and sunny--- we all had a little glow by the end of the yard sale!  We were hot and tired and decided to cover it all up and continue on Sunday morning.  After showers and naps, we headed out to Ron Jon's for some adult refreshments and a game of trivia--- we went into the last question in first place, but ended in third place---we won a $20 gift card--- but couldn't use it for our tab that night :(   Oh well, Marc and Kris' trivia team plays there, so it will be used.

Sunday morning their AC went out---(they were able to get someone out Monday morning and fortunately, it was not too expensive to fix).  We loaded up the truck with some of the yard sale remains and headed back to Raleigh--- of course, as soon as we hit Creedmoor Road it started pouring rain and we got soaked unloading the truck.  Mike is threatening planning a yard sale in the near future --yeah-- can't wait-- woo hoo

Mike had a business trip to NJ this week.  I ended up in a dark room with a migraine--- we really lead exciting lives around here!

So, that's what we've been up to for the past couple of weeks----- more later....

No comments:

Post a Comment