Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Myrtle Beach Heart Walk

Yes-- I am going to do it! I will be walking a 5K on Sat Oct 10th to support the American Heart Association.

My first goal is to finish the walk-- I don't think that will be an issue as I walk 2-3 miles at the gym 2-3 times a week.

My second goal is to finish in under an hour-- at the gym, my usual speed is 3.4 mph, so I think this is completely obtainable (is that a real word-- don't really care, I like it!).

If you had asked to even consider doing this a year ago, I'd have fallen off my chair laughing hysterically and dropping my "bonbons"-- but this is a new year and a sorta new me. I haven't completely given up "bonbons", but am trying to be better about my food choices and taking more responsibility for my well-being. Speaking of which, I'm out of here in a few minutes to meet my trainer this afternoon.

If you are so motivated, I have a link on my facebook page to make an online donation to the American Heart Association. If you're not into facebook, email me or leave a comment and I will send you the info to make a donation!

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment