Sunday, May 2, 2010

OK--- This is Getting Ridiculous.....

Yeah, I know, it's been a week since I have managed to post here--- what is wrong with me?????  Well, let's start with work- I worked 12 hours Mon night,  went in 2 hours early on Tuesday night (14 hours), then went back for an 8 hour "day" at 4 pm on Wed that turned into nine hours.  I was "off" on Thursday -- so I went to the gym, cleaned out my clothes closet, did 5 loads of laundry, cleaned out the frig, went to Sam's and Wal Mart, then came home and had to put everything away.  And I spent some time in my studio trying to make some sense out of the nonsense in there.  Fri I had a class at 8 am then back to the office for about 45 min (don't want to go into OT) then to the gym and home to visit with the in-laws and nephew David. 

Mike had a yard sale Sat.  I went to play with April-- we had LOTS of fun and pretty much behaved ourselves until we got to the nursery.  Got home about 4-- we grilled pork tenderloin and roasted brocoli and cauliflower and did some "Doug" potatoes on the grill.  I went to church this morning, then came home to sausage gravy and biscuits--YUM!  Mike's folks left about 10.  Mike planted my Mother's Day gifts I bought yesterday--- tomato plants, hot and sweet banana peppers, purple and white salvia around the mailbox, a bougenvilla on the trellis and a plumbago in the front perenial bed-- I can't wait until it blooms!

I spent some time in my studio this afternoon working on my club project.  I think I'll be all caught up by Thursday.  Speaking of my studio, David was quite taken by all my treasures-- he spent a couple hours up there arranging and rearranging furniture in the houses. It is fun to look at what he saw when he looked at the houses.

Off to work early in the morning--- then to the gym.  Back again on Tuesday then off on Wed.  Club on Thursday then work Thurs and Fri night.  Dad comes on Thursday, Marshall, Mary, Mdx and Macy on Fri (let's hope I can flex down on Fri) then Heidi's baby shower Sat late morning and playing with Mdx Sat afternoon.  Dad will be here until Tuesday.  Looking forward to a visit with him-- it's been a while-- and he has requested we make shrimp and grits-- I guess I can accomodate him!

Here's the calendar updates......

Mon 4/26     Short on Cash.... There ain't a tater in the patch
                                             
Tues 4/27    When someone makes an assumption without having all the facts, you might say...
                         Not everything that moves around in the dark is Santa Claus.

Wed 4/28   Green Thumb...  The best fertilizer is a gardener's shadow.

Thurs 4/29    If you receive some bad news, you might say.... Well don't that just dill my pickle.

Fri 4/30    Home Town...  It's always best to grow where you're planted.

and the weekend    Optimism... There's a new day tomorrow and it ain't been touched yet.

This wasn't the best week for a lot of folks I know-- please keep all those with trials in their lives right now in your prayers..... a few names to lift up--- Frank, Lauren, Beth, Cindy, Donna, Jessica, and Dick, and don't forget to count your blessings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment