Thursday, May 14, 2009

I Knew It!

I knew I was in for a work out this morning-- but had no idea WHAT Gail had planned for me today. Well, we started with some "dumbbell swings"- literally swinging a 10# dumbbell from a squat position and twisting up to the left, back down and then to the right-- FUN! Then I tried to do some walking lunges, but my doggone right knee wouldn't let me-- first lunge I felt it pull again. So, we moved on-- right to the assisted pull-ups and chin-ups-- 3 sets of 10 with hands in 3 different positions- do the math-- that's a total of 90 reps. Even with the counter balance- it's still hard work. Next was some kind of triceps pull down, followed by bicep curls (3 sets of 15 each). Then some straight arm thing followed by some other thing she thought up-- you guessed it- 3 sets again. To end the hour Gail had me on the captain's chair to do leg lifts, straight knee lifts, then lifts to the left and the right-- you know the drill-- 3 sets of 10 each. My arms and core got a real work out today. I had warmed up on the bike (2 miles in 9.5 minutes) and 1/2 mile on the treadmill. I have definitely moved out of my comfort zone and now sweat freely in public-- not a pretty site, but, I'm doing it!

After a quick trip to Kroger -- hey-- it's right next to the gym, I'm not going home, showering and going right back to the same place-- I went home and showered then off to Mary's house to play-- and play we did! We worked on our wine cellar projects until 5:30 (1730 to you military folks).

That's all for now-- I wiped out tonight and have to be in a class tomorrow morning--later!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - what a workout! I bet it felt good though, once you got home and got a shower! Way to go, Girl!!! Where are you working out - the YMCA?

    ReplyDelete