Friday, July 24, 2009

We Got Peppers!

Took a stroll around the "farm" this morning when I got home from work-- well, really just ambled over to the far side of the house-- and saw we have about a half dozen banana peppers growing! One of them will probably ready to pick in the next day or two!! And it looks like there will be some green peppers starting soon. Now if we can just keep the critters out!

We're planning to spend the weekend painting the front bedroom (that is the royal "we" as in Mike will be painting...) and then getting the rooms back together. My task will be getting the rest of the house cleaned.

We're looking forward to seeing the Myrtle Beach kids next weekend-- now if I can just get someone to cover my on call shift next Saturday night--- I've been working on it, but no luck so far. I'm not giving up though!

Talked to my "baby" brother last night-- he is having some trouble with one of his toes and is getting some neuropathies in his feet. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers that his toe heals and he will not have to have surgery.

VA dil moved last weekend and has been busy unpacking. She had lots of help with the move, which was a good thing. I hope she is settling in and getting things unpacked.

We will be heading to AR in a couple of weeks. They SAY they are looking forward to seeing us, but I think they are more excited to spend time with Mdx. Oh well, that's OK, I'm sure she'll be happy to see them too and maybe get a little bit of spoiling from her uncle and aunt!

I'm off to bed so I can get up and go to the gym this afternoon and be back and showered by 5ish so we can go get the paint for this weekend's project-- hmm and maybe some dinner too?

More later.........

No comments:

Post a Comment