Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Nice Surprise!

I got a surprise this evening-- I called Jennie (1st dil, married to #2 son) to see what she was up to. Well, what she was up to, was talking to said son who is currently on active duty in Afghanistan. She put us all on a three-way call and we talked for a few minutes. I truly appreciate her sharing him with me, but feel like I am intruding on their time together. It was good to hear his voice again. They are counting down the days until he comes home. He doesn't have his orders yet, but is scheduled to return at the beginning of May. I hope we will be able to go out to see them in Arkansas this summer after they have a chance to get back into their routines.

I also talked to VA dil-- #3 son is apparently on his way to Iraq (finally). They have been anticipating his deployment since the end of last year. He has had multiple DTY's (temporary duty) preparing to go, but the project has been delayed several times.

Continue to pray for their safety and their families while they are away from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment