Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What Day is it?

SO, I worked 12 hours Monday night, came home, slept 6 hours, was back at work at 5PM Tues evening until 1AM Wed morning, then home and back at work at 9AM until 5:30PM (and it's still Wed). Why you may ask would I do that to myself?

Well, I'll tell you--- tomorrow is my miniature club, we meet the first and third Thursday of each month. We are building various pieces of Shaker style furniture this year-- and I get to visit with friends for a couple of hours (They also get a kick out me coming to club after working all night and sleeping only 2-3 hours before the meeting-- guess I'm cheap entertainment!). Then, tomorrow evening I have Bible study, we are essentially reading the entire Bible during this 34 week study-- guess I'd better start reading so I'm prepared! Oh yeah, and I am meeting my trainer at the gym at 10AM.

THEN--- Friday morning (hopefully after another trip to the gym) I'm off to Charlotte with 2 friends where we'll spend the night and go to "State Day" on Saturday. State Day is a meeting for miniaturists from all over the state to meet and work on a project together. Each year a different club in the state comes up with the project and hosts the day. Next year the Cary club will host. Our club did 2007 and I think we are up again in 2013 or 14. Not a lot of work actually gets done, but a whole lot of catching up does! The project this year is a wine cellar, I'm actually pretty excited about this one. On our way to Charlotte on Friday we are stopping in Albemarle, NC at the only remaining miniature shop in NC. We'll get back int town late Sat evening.

My plan for Sunday is to rest, but, unless the housekeeping fairy comes while I am gone on Fri and Sat-- you get the idea-----

Tonight we went to Greek Fiesta (after I went to the gym on my way home from work) -- they have an email program that sends you a coupon for your birthday and other various times during the year. I got one for being on the list for a year-- it was for a free chicken breast pita and piece of baklava-- so dinner for both of us was $11. They have THE best sweet tea-- yes-- I said SWEET and it's caffeinated too-- this is one of only two places I drink sweet tea (the other is Bali Hai-- that's a story for another time!).

Well, I'm supposed to be downloading some pictures for Mike and reading my Bible study assignment and getting things ready for mini club tomorrow and ready to go on Friday-- so I'd better sign off for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment