Thursday, June 18, 2009

More 'Maters and Stuff

The "farm" is really starting to take off-- there are at least 6 tomatoes on the vines and lots more flowers! I think the green peppers are starting to "set" (I think that's what you call it). The morning glories are starting to climb the trellis too. There seems to be some new growth on the banana pepper plants, but no sign of any peppers. Next time I want to use basil I can go out and cut some, and the parsley is coming along too.

Mike is in Charlotte tonight-- met his boss there this AM and will be home sometime tomorrow evening (probably after I have to leave for work).

My treadmill studying paid off-- I passed the arrhythmia test. Now I have to start on the precourse work for ACLS. BUT-- next week I have a 2 day fetal monitoring class (yearly competency requirement). I was on call for 6 hours tonight, but didn't get called in-- have to work tomorrow and then Sat and Sun.

Went to the gym today-- did 49 minutes on the treadmill, just over 2.5 miles and then did some weights. I could tell my equilibrium is still off from all this sinus stuff I've had going on-- I had trouble standing on the Bosu ball doing and doing curls and presses (something I've been doing with no trouble for months). Also did some core work.

Mike got a call from his Mom today-- his Dad is in the hospital again-- they got a call from the MD office telling them to take him in to be admitted. I don't have all the details, but it is related to kidney function-- hopefully will get more details tomorrow. His Dad was also diagnosed with gout earlier this week, so don't know if it is all connected or not. Mike will be going to see them this weekend.

VA dil has found a great house for them to move to-- their base housing is being demolished and the options of what is available in base housing is pretty yucky. She posted some pictures on her blog-- can't wait to see it in person!

#2 son got a call from his Sgt about a full time guard job-- he has put together a package (an application) for the position. It would be really great for this to work out for him.

Tomorrow is miniature club-- not sure what Shaker project the VP has planned for us--about the only piece of Shaker furniture we haven't made is a bed--HMMMMM-- I have to put a final finish on some of the pieces, but all my kits have been assembled! I am excited about the project for next year-- it will be challenging, but the result will be worth it!

That's it for now-- g'nite

No comments:

Post a Comment