Sunday, June 14, 2009

What's New-----

Had a great weekend-- there were 7 of us Saturday for our UPS (Unfinished Projects on Saturday) group. We all worked on different projects, and were able to help one another along the way. The other ladies are all members of the Cary club and are busy preparing for next year's State Day. Since I'm not a member of that club, I just listen as they talk about the trials and tribulations that go along with being the host club. Lunch was great-even if I do say so myself! Mike and I ate the leftovers for dinner last night, lunch today and dinner again tonight.

Some how, I got volunteered (or as #2 son would say-voluntold) to speak in church this morning about the year long Bible study I was involved in. I panicked just a little when I got there and saw all the other speakers had written out what they were going to say-- and all I had brought was a picture of sons #2 & #3 in their uniforms. I spoke from my heart about being in small group study and the power of intercessory prayer- especially as it had impacted my family during our study time. When I walked up to the pulpit to speak I felt WAY out of my comfort zone, but as I spoke that feeling completely left me and I got lots of positive feedback after the service.

I spent this afternoon working in my studio and doing laundry. I got the last 2 Shaker furniture kits sanded, stained and put together. I made some adjustments to the work table kit and am happy with the results. After I get the spray finish done, I will take some pictures and post them.

I have a class at 8:30 in the morning-- more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment