Sunday, March 7, 2010

It's Almost Monday.....

Wow, this weekend just FLEW by!!! Hope it was a good one for you.

I worked Friday during the day.  After work, I stopped at Costco to pick up some things for last night, couldn't find ANYTHING I wanted, so I left there and stopped at JoAnn's then went on home.  I changed clothes then Mike and I went to Sam's, after consuming a "gourmet dinner" of a hotdog and tea (Mike had coke) at the Sam's cafe', we got the shopping done we needed, then went to Wal Mart for the last few things.  It was quite a night out for us!!!

Yesterday we got the house cleaned and prepared for supper club to come.  Our theme was March Madness, so we had everyone bring their favorite "game food".  I made a pot of meatballs and sauce and made meatball sandwiches.  I also had boiled shrimp and made some "homemade" salsa (a jar of salsa in the blender with cilantro added to it-- you think you're eating fresh salsa--try it sometime).  We had lots of food and everyone ate too much as usual!  The guys watched the Duke UNC game after we ate.   I did part of the dishes before I went to bed, then Mike finished up this morning. 

I slept in this morning, boy did that feel good!  This afternoon I worked on tote bag favors for State Day.  I need to get them done this week--wish me luck with that!  I also have "homework" to get done for the Raleigh club.  I'm not sure that is going to get done, but I'm going to try!

Mike worked out in the yard this afternoon.  Keeping the yard clear of limbs, leaves and pine needles is an endless job.

I didn't post on Friday-- I was just a little busy--- but, Friday's saying sounded familiar to me-- could it be a repeat?  Well, I looked back and found that the subject is a repeat, but it has a different definition this time.  So here goes for Friday..... Brother-in-law
He's as useless as a milk bucket under a bull.

I guess that WOULD be pretty useless! 

The weekend saying is...Country Bumpkin

He lives so deep in the backwoods he thinks asphalt is a butt disease.

That is pretty good for a laugh!  I'll have to keep that tucked away for future reference. 

Well, tomorrow is "payroll Monday"  so I'll have to get in early. 

No comments:

Post a Comment