Monday, February 22, 2010

Intelligence

He's as dull as a widow woman's ax.

This has got to be an old saying, because I'm having trouble thinking of a woman I know who couldn't or wouldn't be able to sharpen her own ax.  I'm thinking of my three daughters in law-- two of them have had to manage life on their own when their husbands were deployed not once, but twice each in the past four years--- all three are very strong women who keep my boys in line (and I'm sure they need it).  I'm thinking of my sisters-- Cheri moved  over 500 miles from home right out of college and had to do it on her own and Lisa, who has overcome too many obstacles in her life to count, because our parents believed they could and supported them through it and expected it of them.  I'm thinking of my mother, those of you who knew her know what I mean-- the word can't was not in her vocabulary.  The list of names goes on and on, but I think you know where I'm going with this.

I had a wonderful birthday day today!  It started early (5:15) at work by 7, so I was done at 3.  April (a dear coworker)  baked a fabulous chocolate cake with white chocolate buttercream icing decorated in spring colors that matched the scrub top I wore today!  I got loads of email and facebook birthday wishes and even some cards in the mail!  I worked a little in my studio (the organizing continues).  Mike and I went to Greek Fiesta, believe it or not, I had a coupon for a free meal! Then it was home, into jammies, wrap up in a blanket and watch TV.  I am blessed!!!

Last week I got a surprise in the mail from Cheri-- a nurse's calendar with jokes, quotes and anecdotes.  I don't think I'll be using each of them in a post like I have been doing with the Southern calendar, but don't be surprised if one or two of them pop up here on the blog from time to time.

Well, that's probably more than enough for tonight........take care.....

No comments:

Post a Comment