Friday, February 26, 2010

Progress

I am so excited!!!  I got the wainscoting done in part of my project room and the bed in place.  The rest of the wainscoting will wait until the pillar gets installed.  The pictures are only so-so, but here you go anyway.










 Hopefully this gives you an idea of what I got done today. 


Got some unexpected news from Marshall today-- he got orders to Korea.  His orders are for mid-August, he is going to try to get the date moved since the new baby is due then and they are planning to all go with him this time.  That's right, my sweet grandbabies will be WAY far away for 1-2 years.  And I was sad when he was talking about putting in a request for Texas.  Well, Kris and Marc--  my "Ireland account" might have to get renamed my "Korea account"-- you know, it's that grandchild thing----- guess we'll have to talk about it.

Next Saturday we are hosting the neighborhood supper club.  We thought we would kick off March Madness a little early and asked everyone to bring their favorite "game food".  There will be 14 of us, which makes a sit-down dinner hard.  I'm planning to make meatball sandwiches and shrimp in some form. 

March is shaping up to be a really busy month for us.  There's supper club, a trip to Virginia, a trip to Myrtle Beach and possibly an Easter Egg Hunt.  Hope we can survive all that excitement!

Today's saying is....  Hothead
He could start an argument in an empty house.

I'm sure we can all name one or two folks we know who fit this description--- and maybe it even hits pretty close to home for some of us!

Hope your weekend is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment