Sunday, January 10, 2010

As the Weekend Winds Down

The calendar says......

Gettin' Congress to do what's right is like pushin' a wheelbarrow with rope for handles.

This is one for the books--I'm gonna have to remember it, I'm sure it will be very easy to work into a conversation!  I only wish it wasn't so true!

Had a great weekend-- played miniatures with my friends on Saturday. Kim fixed us a delicious lunch-- barbequed chicken (boneless, skinless meat done in the oven), roasted potatoes and salad.  She had cherry pie for dessert-- I had a clementine from the bowl on her counter. 

We went to Bali Hai for dinner-- I ate half my meal and brought the rest home.

Today, I slept in.   My intentions were to get up and go to church, but I was really tired and just couldn't do it.  Once I did get moving, I got the Christmas trees undecorated-- I always dread that chore--but it is done now. 

Gonna go get my lunches packed for tomorrow and Tuesday and clean up from dinner.  I cooked some chicken today so I'll have some healthy choices for the next few days.

Mary reports that Mdx doesn't have a voice today, but continues to talk.  Sure hope she gets better soon.  Marshall left for Las Vegas today.  Believe it or not, he's going to a conference for the Air Force, some people get to have all the fun.

I'm outta here, early morning and then training with Megan at 4:30.

Take care, stay warm......

No comments:

Post a Comment